On the occasion of the International Youth Day (12 August) UNESCO-IOC launched the Indian Ocean Youth Short Video Competition on Tsunami Awareness (News Flash click: here). This initiative is also to commemorate the International Disaster Risk Reduction Day (13 October), and the World Tsunami Awareness Day (5 November).
The Indian Ocean Tsunami Information Centre (IOTIC) of UNESCO-IOC jointly with a youth and young professional platform on science, engineering, technology, and innovation for disaster risk reduction (U-INSPIRE Indonesia) is organizing these series of activities related to the youth short video competition.
This short video competition opens the opportunity for Youth in Pakistan to learn, engage in international competition, and be a winner through:
- Free online training webinar on Tsunami Awareness and Preparedness
- Free online training on Creating Short Videos
- Submit their creative short video to the competition and get a chance to be the winner.
The competition is divided into groups and Pakistan is in the category of group:
North Western Indian Ocean: along with youth from India, Iran, Oman, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
The 2 minutes short video should showcase young persons’ ideas, projects, activities, or campaigns towards promoting community tsunami awareness and preparedness. The video can be in the local language or English. A local language video should have English subtitles.
To know more about the Participant Requirements, important dates, Requirements for Video Submission, Submission Detail, Scoring, Jury, Prizes and Winners, and examples of UNESCO-IOC Video Competition please see:
● Website for Indian Ocean Youth Short Video Competition (available in multi-language with google translation): https://uinspire.id/ioyvc-2021/
● Download the concept note (in English): https://bit.ly/concept_note_ioyvc-2021
● Register through: https://bit.ly/participate_in_ioyvc-2021
Arsalan Ahmad is a Research Engineer working on 2-D Materials, graduated from the Institute of Advanced Materials, Bahaudin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan.