Drip Irrigation is a micro-irrigation system that has the potential to save nutrients and water by allowing water to drip slowly to the roots of plants, either from above the soil surface or buried below the surface.
The goal is to place water directly into the root zone and minimize evaporation. Drip irrigation systems distribute water through a network of valves, pipes, tubing, and emitters. It reduces water loss by up to 60 percent. Flow rate needs to be adjusted so there is no flooding or runoff.
- Apply enough water to wet the soil to a depth of 4-6 inches
- Avoid frequent light applications of water
- Water in early daylight hours
Reasons to Conserve Water
- It Minimizes the Effects of Drought and Water Shortages
- It Guards Against Rising Costs and Political Conflict
- It Helps to Preserve Our Environment
- It Makes Water Available in the Future for Recreational Purposes
- It Builds Safe and Beautiful Communities
Gujranwala, Faisalabad, Lahore, Pakpatan, Sahiwal, Lodhran, Multan, Muzaffargarh, Vehari, Kabir wala, Shujabad, Layyah, Kotaddu, Rahimyar khan
Sukkar, Khairpur, Hyderabad, Matiari, Tando Mohd Khan, Mirpurkhas, Tando Allah yar, Thatta, Badin
There is significant market opportunities in Pakistan in particular in Sugar Cane , Horticulture and vegetable crops.
- High Value Crops
- Fast return Crops
Solanaceae, Cucurbits, Okra, Crucifers, Onion
Sugarcane, Cotton, Maize
Banana, Jojoba, Citrus, Mango, Papaya