Tech innovators to showcase and demonstrate innovative technologies across clean-tech that can help address global climate change challenges
Abu Dhabi : The World Future Energy Summit 2022 will offer an unparalleled in-person business, innovation and knowledge exchange programme that runs in person from 17 – 19 January 2022 at ADNEC Abu Dhabi. Hosted by Masdar as part of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, and in partnership with the Abu Dhabi Department of Energy and NEOM Energy & Water, the event is the place to discover innovative technology across clean-tech that can accelerate sustainable development and help solve climate change challenges. These top sustainable development innovations from around the world, have the potential to revolutionise key industries of urban mobility, clean energy, agritech and food security, and artificial intelligence.
These innovations are part of the ‘Innovate,’ a global Masdar City initiative, that provides a platform for innovation-focused companies from around the world to showcase their technologies to international investors and grants their companies exclusive access to the dynamic Abu Dhabi technology ecosystem. The Innovate initiative by Masdar showcases more than 18 new technologies and those on display at the World Future Energy Summit 2022 include:
- Circa Biotech’s agritech solution upcycles food waste into high-quality animal feed, using industrial farming of an insect indigenous to UAE – the Black Soldier Fly.
- FortyGuard cools cities by understanding data to control outdoor temperatures. It provides predictive analytics and modelling services for outdoor cooling scenarios.
- Manhat is a deep technology start-up with patented technologies delivering sustainable solutions for water production, irrigation, and transportation.
- Tenderd operates the largest online heavy equipment management and rental marketplace in the UAE and KSA. It is the Uber for equipment rentals.
- QS Monitor is a platform for food and water safety. It minimises loss, monitors and tracks safety measures using technologically advanced models that are environmentally friendly.
- Volts UAE produces and supplies energy storage devices and IT solutions that power smart homes.
Grant Tuchten, Group Event Director at World Future Energy Summit, said: “We are extremely proud to provide a platform to present cutting-edge global technology and innovation that helps accelerate the transition to clean energy, the adoption of circular economy, water security for arid regions. The World Future Energy Summit provides an unparalleled in-person experience for business, networking and knowledge exchange that addresses some of the biggest climate change challenges of today and of the future.”
Thought-leadership forums that focus on future energy and sustainability will feature industry leaders discussing how to leverage the latest technology and innovation. These forums include:
- Solar & Clean Energy Forum: Improving long-term efficiency in solar facilities through digitalisation
- EcoWASTE: Connected equipment and automation. Where tech meets waste management
- Water Forum: Innovation highway: Advanced tech approached to wastewater
- Smart Cities Forum: Digital Twins
- Climate & Environment Forum: Circular Economy. From CO2 to valuable product
The World Future Energy Summit 2022, organised by RX Middle East, will be held at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC). Doors will open on Monday 17th January 2022 from 10:00am to 5:00pm. The in-person programme features a series of high-profile events and innovation showcases across clean-tech addressing current global challenges and the means with which the world can cooperate to build a sustainable future for everyone.