Startup Panic is a management simulation game combines strategic decisions with great humor and is all about surviving the tech bubble.
Startup Panic is a management simulation game combines strategic decisions with great humor and pixel art.
From paying rent to paying ransom, the game gives players a journey of choices from the very second they quit their old job. Choosing specialized employees and making deals with investors, there’s more than one way the story ends.
It is all about surviving the tech bubble, competing with rival CEOs and expanding the office from bedroom programmer up to the heights of global corporate sabotage! As long as the players don’t get hacked… or kidnapped…
Manage your time as a bedroom programmer. Pick projects, contract-work and vacation days to get by, then start to build some passive income through your startup. Beware though: Once you start hiring your first employees and upgrading your office, you’ll attract the attention of competing businesses…
- You decide how each project goes and what to focus on
- Spend a week training your staff, or earning money, or building features… but choose wisely!
- Upgrade your company in the skill tree: Will you take longer vacations or cheaper air-co?
- Hunt for new employees and hire the ones that fit your style: Social butterfly? Marketing expert? Lone Wolf?
- Compete with rival CEOs for new users in your region, and then expand out by building new headquarters on a world map!
- Hurting for cash? You can take out a loan or search for investors, but don’t think it’ll come for free…
Startup Panic is coming to PC (Epic Games Store) and iOS on December 3, 2020.
Originally published at Worth playing